Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Whacked

What's wrong?
Did the universe have a new black hole?
Did we enter the twilight zone?

Have you ever felt like where'd we go wrong?

I guess I'll start at home. Deanna has a boyfriend, who in the beginning no one liked, but he's getting better. She wants to marry him. He wants to slow it down but he will marry her. His apartment was damaged by Hurricane Ike so he is living at my parents house in Kelli's old room.

Kelli's boyfriend came down from Michigan to live here, but has no plan on gaining employment and lives with Kelli in her apartment. He is Emo. Emo is him. He's a little feminine and very quiet.

Lyric is living at my parents house while looking for an apartment.

Mom and Dad are whacked out that as soon as they got rid of the second child, they filled the house with two more. They're afraid they're never going to make it to empty nest.

The reign of Bush is coming to an end. Sarah Palin. Bailout plans.

I'm going to be a father.

Bridge City was underwater from Hurricane Ike.

It's all a little surreal for me. It's just life and I know that, but it just feels weird.
So there take that

2 comments:

eden said...

Life is whacked in general, David -- there's no controlling it, just enjoying it and enduring it. People make their choices, they take their chances, they live with their decisions. My hope, for everyone, is that we all choose our way carefully, so that no matter what happens, there are no major regrets. You seem to be making good choices (from an Austin aunt's perspective, anyway), and I hope you know how blessed you are to have thought clearly enough to take the right paths. Enjoy every minute of this life, father-to-be -- you can make it an excellent one for you and your new family.

Unknown said...

okay David---i'm bored---give me something new to think about