Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wow



Jas and I went to our very first prenatal visit this morning and met Dr. Black. He's an old cynical man, but I think he'll be a great doctor. More exciting than that he did an ultrasound on Jas and my jaw dropped as I saw a tiny figure no bigger than a plum (1.5 inches). I thought oh cool there's something in there...then it jumped and you could see arms and little legs. That's when my jaw sagged on down to the floor. It was incredible. He said everything looks normal. He asked us to come back in two weeks to verify the due date. According to the measurement of the baby the due date is March 1st! We're very excited and I can't wait to see it jump again. At 20 weeks we get to know the sex of the baby. So look for a new post around that time (middle of October). I think it'll be a girl.

5 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

CONGRATS guys! That's SO exciting!

Unknown said...

i am so excited for you guys! and me too! boy or girl---he/she will be:
cute
smart
a planner
first word will be "wii or mario"

b said...

No new posts til mid-October? Lame.

James said...

Not only will you get to find out the sex at the next ultrasound, you can learn about their personality. Elizabeth refused to cooperate, so the tech told Christie to drink some soda to get her awake and moving. Nope. Elizabeth held out for chocolate.

Amelia gave us one shot and then played it modest the rest of the time.

Both girls are pretty stubborn in their own way.

Enjoy watching yours grow!

Eden said...

What a cute baby!